Daryl Parks, Esq. — Chairman Of the Board
Ervin Holiday — Vice Chair
Homer Lanier — Treasurer
Phelicia D. Stiell, Esq. — Secretary
Alfreda Blackshear, MD — Medical Consultant
Mildred Fennel, PhD
- To enable individuals with sickle cell anemia to live lives to the extent possible unhampered and uncompromised by their sickle cell conditions.
- To increase the knowledge and understanding of sickle cell disease as a health problem through professional standards of administration, health care, public relations and fundraising.
The Sickle Cell Foundation, Inc. was organized on February 21, 1980 at the office of the Tallahassee Urban League. Upon installation of the newly organized foundation, an official charter was issued and later received nonprofit organization 501(c)(3) exempt status. There are sixteen (16) chapters in the State of Florida. The Sickle Cell Foundation, Inc. is the only local agency serving District II providing services to the following counties: Leon, Jefferson, Wakulla, Madison, Taylor, Gadsden, and Jackson counties.
The Purpose Of The Foundation
- To Inform and Educate the Community About Sickle Cell Disease/Trait
- Provide a Vehicle for Communication Between Health Care and Social Service Professionals
- Support Legislation at the Local, State, and National Levels that are Beneficial to the Sickle Cell Programs
- Actively Solicit Funds to Support Sickle Cell Clients
- Serve as a Clearing House for Ideas that Will Enhance Sickle Cell Programs
- Provide Services on a Limited Basis to Meet the Needs of Individuals Affected By Sickle Cell Disease